Friday 20 May 2011

I've got it !!

Picking_elderflower_3

I knew it was coming, but like giving birth it's still a surprise when it happens ... almost unexpected, despite weeks of anticipation.  There it was, wrapped in a white envelope, just casually left on the doorstep by my postman.  This creation. This book filled with all my hopes and dreams.  As it happened I was multitasking with an interview from a journalist Ruth Supple from our local Northamptonshire magazine and a photo shoot of picking elderflowers for the recipe in my column for The Chronicle & Echo.  ( The photos above are with kind permission from the Chronicle & Echo )

I held off opening it whilst I cooked lunch, and then sat at the table to open this creation. I was nervous.  My hands shook a little as I opened the envelope.  There were tears.  You can hear it as it happened below.  

This it the end of this journey and the start of a whole new adventure for I am now an actual author. not a soon to be one,  but a a real one. 
http://audioboo.fm/boos/360310-seeing-prepped-for-the-frist-time.mp3?source=embed">Listen!

8

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely post Vanessa...really emotional to hear you revealing the fruits of your hard work & vision for the first time. Many many congratulations to you and here's to many weeks on the bestseller lists! Can't wait to buy it!Lots of love xx ps I actually have bought Gwyneth's book & it's not bad at all...but I'm sure yours will be much more beautiful & useful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so adorable!!!!... i'm so proud for you honey pie... I love the audio, that's just so sweet!... dont forget us when you're queen of the world!


    I got your invite today too xxx

    well done x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrtulations on your new arrival!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Massive Congratulations!!!!

    Love Mom on a Wire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done & congratulations on thevsafe arrival of Prepped!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations daaaaaaaahling, what a special time in your life :D. Wishing you the best of luck.
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huge congratulations! It's been a long time coming, you must be so relieved! Hope I can be a part of the next book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must be such an awesome feeling! Congratulations!

    Hannah @ Love to Dine
    http://lovetodine.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

If you are reading my blog I must warn you that I am not impartial. I want to influence you. I want to make you stop for just a moment and consider the effect of a lifetime of seemingly insignificant decisions and how making small delicious choices can change the world.

I believe that we can change the world one bite at a time.

It's a delicious revolution.