Wednesday 11 May 2011

One of those real moments !

Img_7748

It's not just about writing a recipe book. I suppose in the beginning I thought that once it was written then that would be it; but what I know is that PR plays a significant role in promoting a book - so we have been doing some photo's for a PR piece on what it means to be Prepped! this morning. In essence it's about having delicious food ready to get out there and enjoy having fun! I'm all for leaving the kitchen behind and going on a picnic! ( but not getting back to a huge pile of washing up !)

I'm not one to mock things up - for me it has to be real or it just feels fake, so if you see shots of my cycling and shopping and cooking then in almost every instance I really am doing that.

The picnics in the photo's are real. We eat the food, and it's not pretend. It's not staged. The shots in Prepped are really how things happen, and so today I thought I'd share with you one of those real moments that Nikky Callis caught on camera. My face says it all as Poppy leaped out of the basket ... probably after a rabbit!

It is fabulous!

9 comments:

  1. Hee hee... You know what they say - never work with kids or animals! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Vanessa, that has to be one of the cutest/funniest shots ever! Your face says it all! It's great that the exact moment was captured on camera. I'd get that framed it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I now have bike lust... this is not good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right, that's it. I'm no longer talking to you! I've lusted after Betty for a while, and there you are. Sat proudly astride a Betty with a basket no less. I'm green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have to use that in the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. can I have that photo please?

    Love sis xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh no!!! hahaha sorry hun, but the way you told it and the way in which you ordered the pictures made me smile! I hope you found your cute dog and your bike was not stolen

    ReplyDelete

If you are reading my blog I must warn you that I am not impartial. I want to influence you. I want to make you stop for just a moment and consider the effect of a lifetime of seemingly insignificant decisions and how making small delicious choices can change the world.

I believe that we can change the world one bite at a time.

It's a delicious revolution.