Tuesday 22 March 2011

What an adventure ...

Dsc_0002_2

To be honest I had no idea where this adventure would land me when I decided to write a recipe book. Yesterday I found myself in the Institute of Chartered Accountants in One Moorgate Place London helping to organise a charity event to help the New Zealand Red Cross Earthquake Appeal. How did I end up there? Well I responded to a request for help from tweet.. not just any twitterer but @Corkgourmetguy ( we'd been tweeting for months about his adventures of changing career and becoming a chef.)

I joined a team of incredible people who are pulling off this amazing foodie dream meal - a supper club cooked by a team of the UK's best chefs - the likes of which you will never forget. Working with the master weaver Matt Follas, brilliantly organised Anny Murphy, lovely Amanda Follas, Sexy Chef Grant Hawthorne, the fabulous Angharad Davies gorgeous Sabrina Ghaayour and of course the debonair @CityJohn and hilariously witty talented original ideas man Dave Ahern.

Dsc_0013

Truthfully the speed at which this fund-raising event came together has been incredible. It's fly by the seat of your pants stuff. It's fast, fun and furious, but the event itself will be supremely good. Foodies from all directions have stepped forward to offer their food, time, PR, cheffing skills and more. Auction prizes have come flooding in and I offered to run this part of the evening. So my time today to write a blog post is seriously limited, with 50 prizes to write up about and the children to pick up from school shorty I thought I'd give you a quick peek into yesterday and an interview with the Materchef Winner Matt Follas
http://audioboo.fm/boos/309145-matt-follas.mp3?source=embed">Listen!
To find out more about this amazing meal click on the Kaiwecare Website. Tickets are £150 - which for a meal cooked by a team made up of 4 0r 5 master chef winners /5 or so AA rosette holding chefs and 6 or 7 Michelin star chef is just incredible.

Dsc_0036

I will leave you with an interview with Matt Follas, the winner of Masterchef two years ago, and key organiser of this event.

If you fancy coming I promise it will be a meal you will never forget and in aid of a very worthy cause.

Vanessa

Dsc_0007_2

Dsc_0009

Dsc_0011_2

Dsc_0024

1 comment:

  1. What a brilliant thing to be involved in. I'd love to do something like that. Well done you xx

    ReplyDelete

If you are reading my blog I must warn you that I am not impartial. I want to influence you. I want to make you stop for just a moment and consider the effect of a lifetime of seemingly insignificant decisions and how making small delicious choices can change the world.

I believe that we can change the world one bite at a time.

It's a delicious revolution.