Thursday 28 July 2011

Making muffins as the packers pack the kitchen !

Dsc_1116
It's utter chaos and okay this is a seriously mad moment to write a blog post & yet it may well be the last post for a while !   I have packers all about and everyone is flagging.  The cat is shut in and yodeling in frustration - I kid you not !

Two of the chaps were going to nip to the shop to get a bite to eat  .. but the nearest shop is miles away.. so between all the boxes and literally as my kitchen was being packed I’ve thrown these muffins together.

With a steaming hot cup of tea for everyone .. they are a hit!

Dsc_1117_2

Makes 8 muffins
Preparation 10 minutes
Baking 15 – 20  minutes
Freeze  yes 

280g wholemeal flour
80g Vanilla caster sugar
½ teaspoon of mixed spice
1tbsp baking powder
1 small cup of raisins
1 large Egg
4 tbs rapeseed oil
25g milk

Grease a muffin tray
Preheat your oven to 375/190/ Gas X
In a large bowl mix together the flour, , baking powder, salt and spices and  raisins
In a large jug whisk together the eggs, oil, and milk until blended.
Make a well in the centre of the Dry mix and our in the liquid. Stir well for about a minute.. no more ..even if the batter is still al little lumpy.
Fill the muffin cups almost full and bake until they are golden and springy to the touch.
Allow the muffins to cool for bout 5 minutes the pan and then transfer them to a wire wrack.


2 comments:

  1. Delicious muffins! Good luck with the moving. I look forward to your return!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - there is nothing I despise more than moving... You have my sympathies! Lovely quick muffins though :)

    ReplyDelete

If you are reading my blog I must warn you that I am not impartial. I want to influence you. I want to make you stop for just a moment and consider the effect of a lifetime of seemingly insignificant decisions and how making small delicious choices can change the world.

I believe that we can change the world one bite at a time.

It's a delicious revolution.