Wednesday 29 September 2010

Multitasking burnt crumble disaster!

Plum & Cardamom Crumble . there I am thinking that I can breeze today's recipe. I am trying to cook and write at the same time. Multitasking. Only today I forgot to set the food alarm to remind me to take the food out of the oven. Sitting at the computer I smelt that familiar smell. Burning. The smoke alarm kicked off at 100 decibels.. as if the smoke wasn't enough to pull me out of my writing trance!

The kitchen was filled with dark acrid smoke. With only 30 minutes before Louise from the Chronicle & Echo was due to take a photograph of my delicious recipe.

It was a panic., but it took just 10 minutes to redo the crumble.. and the granola topping as a breakfast extra just had had to go on hold!

I shall write up the recipe .. that is the un- burnt version .. tonight and post it for the weekend. in the meantime whilst I am writing this I have Vanilla ice-cream made from the left over custard churning .. well at least that can't burn !!

Listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are reading my blog I must warn you that I am not impartial. I want to influence you. I want to make you stop for just a moment and consider the effect of a lifetime of seemingly insignificant decisions and how making small delicious choices can change the world.

I believe that we can change the world one bite at a time.

It's a delicious revolution.