Wednesday 8 September 2010

My Parents Vineyard Wins Top Awards

My parents are extraordinary people. As my Mum and Dad they get a gold medal for being supportive. In fact just today my father picked up my three children fed them their tea and looked after them all afternoon (and alone, as my mother was out !) .. whilst I was being filmed cooking Chili Chocolate cakes at home.... in peace.

But I am not writing about their babysitting skills. I am writing about their brilliant wine making skills. ... for my parents have just won some of the top awards in the British wine industry for their wine.

I am so proud of them.

The Mercian Vineyards Association is one of 6 representative bodies for vineyards and wine enthusiasts in Britain. It is a member of the United Kingdom Vineyards Association and has members from all over the UK. There were 150 wines in the competition and Fleurfields won the following awards:

  • The best Mercian Sparkling Wine
  • The best Vintage Wine
  • The best wine in the East midlands
  • Silver Medal awarded to the pink Bubbly Champs d’amour de Rose
  • Bronze medal awarded to Champs D’amour.

So now my parents have their own award-winning vineyard.

Fantastic!

How lucky am I?

Very is the answer

3 comments:

  1. Wow, now that's is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Well done to them!! I have to concur: Their bubbly is rather lovely and the vineyard, very special. I will congratulate them in person! With harvest time coming up soon, here's to another bumper year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your parents! I'm sure a lot of hard work has gone into this achievement. I hope to get a chance to taste the wines sometime!
    P

    ReplyDelete

If you are reading my blog I must warn you that I am not impartial. I want to influence you. I want to make you stop for just a moment and consider the effect of a lifetime of seemingly insignificant decisions and how making small delicious choices can change the world.

I believe that we can change the world one bite at a time.

It's a delicious revolution.