Tuesday 16 November 2010

Be Prepped for a Cold with my Cinnamon and Orange Hot Toddy Remedy

This is a post especially for Edd.  I heard you are not well and seeing as you are one of my twiiter friends who help me along with my recipes and writing day so  I thought I'd make this for you to make you feel better. It is interesting to read that according to www.ayurvediccure.com,(2009), cinnamon can be used with lots of different ingredients such as honey or sugar  or water to intensify the defense system in the body to fight against bacteria, virus and fungi. Also www.Herbwisdom.com(2009), describes cinnamon as a very strong anti bacterial which suppresses most infections and also it is only second to “Clove” when comparing its anti bacterial quality.
So this toddy is the perfect solution  for a rotten cold or flu. 
http://audioboo.fm/boos/218725-cold-remedy-for-edd-kimber.mp3?source=embed">Listen!

1/2 pint water
1 stick of cinnamon
Juice of an orange
Juice of a Lemon
2 teaspoons of either honey or Sugar

Place all the ingredients into a saucepan. Bring to the boil and allow to cool for 10 minutes to seep the ingredients in .  you can refill this with more hot waster and repeat . but it will need longer to infuse. 

a tot of cinnamon & orange Brandy  * just use ordinary brandy of you have none. 

To make Cinnamon and Orange Brandy pour out a large Glass leaving about 750ml in the bottle. 
Drop 1 /2 curls of Cinnamon in a bottle of brandy about half the rind of an Orange and refill the bottle with sugar.
Add a couple of cloves in and agitate each day for a week or so until the sugar dissolves. 

Get better soon!

Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are reading my blog I must warn you that I am not impartial. I want to influence you. I want to make you stop for just a moment and consider the effect of a lifetime of seemingly insignificant decisions and how making small delicious choices can change the world.

I believe that we can change the world one bite at a time.

It's a delicious revolution.